I don’t know about you guys, but, while I love my home and I try to make it a place of peace and comfort, I would rather be out of it. The world is such a big place with so many fun things to do. It wasn’t until last year that I started getting passes to some of my favorite places each year, and I wished that I would have done it sooner! While it costs some money up front, there is no better feeling than getting up in the morning and knowing that me and my children have an awesome selection of things to do that day! Because of that, I have put together a list of places in Salt Lake and Utah County, that you may not have known, offer cheap prices or awesome deals on passes! Below you will find the link to each place as well as a link to a BETTER deal if I can find one for you!
And while I know that I only did the work for some of my personal favorite Utah options, if they don’t apply to you I encourage you to take the time to look into your favorite rec center’s passes, or the local pool and more! There are options that will allow you to save money and get out of the house! You just have to do the research!
Seriously guys, there is nothing better than getting out. Even if it’s just to watch your kids run around, get some good ol’ vitamin D, and enjoy spending time together!
UTAH’S HOGLE ZOO
Child (Ages 2+): $10.95
Toddlers 2 and under are free
There are 9 different Hogle Zoo pass options ranging from $79.00 a year to $1,000.00. (Obviously, that last one is a group rate.)
Some of the benefits, depending on the package that you choose are:
– Free general admission for TWO named adults in the same household
– Free general admission for immediate children or grandchildren under the age of 18
– Discounted Zoo Lights admission (this is the only event that you don’t get in free)
– Free or discounted admission to 125 zoos and aquariums nationwide
– Members only zoo time. Sunrise and Sunset times where only members can enter the zoo.
– 10% off of food and gifts
– Free rides on the train or carousel or discounted punch passes, again according to which pass you choose
– Free guests every time you visit. (Depending on the pass there may be only 1 free guest or 2)
– You CAN take in your own food! This is such a HUGE PLUS! I pack in snacks and sandwiches and drinks and we are set!
I was unable to find a discount, but this is one of my personal favorites. My boys run around, play in the splash pad, and play on the play ground! Sometimes they look at the animals and sometimes they don’t, but either way, we’re out in the sun. The kids run until they can’t anymore and we absolutely LOVE this pass.
Click HERE for the link to Utah’s Hogle Zoo to view membership options!
PASS OF ALL PASSES
This pass is often under rated because people don’t know what it includes besides Seven Peaks Water Park. So, while the water park is AWESOME and has locations in Orem and in Salt Lake City, there are so many other benefits. This card is one you want to carry in your wallet.
Here are the daily rates for Seven Peaks Water Park:
All Day Pass: $24.99
All Day for Children (48 inches or less): $19.99
After 4:00 PM: $15.99
After 6:00 PM: $9.99
Toddlers 2 and under are free
On top of the entrance fee, you should expect to pay for tube rentals and parking. They do not allow you to take food into the park, but they do have a section where you can place your cooler and return when you choose to eat. That being said, you will need to pay for food if you don’t want to carry it in.
You can purchase a Pass of all Passes for $39.99 off of their website which will pay for itself in your first visit.
Now, this is a great deal but here are some of the other options that you have with your Seven Peaks Pass of all Passes.
– Free Orem Owlz games. My husband and I took our boys to this, sat on the grass, ate a hot dog and enjoyed each others company. They also have a giant playground for children as well as a supervised bounce house area for children. SO FUN!
– Towne Cinemas Movie Theater in American Fork has all movies for $1.50 and your pass of all passes gives you a discount on the movie price and concessions.
– Utah Grizzlies games are such a good time! If you haven’t gone, you need to! Even if you don’t like hockey, it’s an experience that everyone should have!
– Real Monarchs. For those that don’t know, this team is associated with Real Salt Lake (Soccer) and you can attend their games as well!
– You can attend select athletic events for BYU, the U and UVU.
– Rocky Mt. Raceway in the past has offered FREE admittance, I spoke with a rep today that said that it’s up in the air as to whether or not it will be free this year or if it will be discounted.
– Tracy Aviary has $1.00 Tuesdays where every pass holder will only pay $1.00 for admittance.
– SCERA shell outdoor theater only accepts your pass during the summer. Last year it offered 1 free ticket to each pass holder to one outdoor play. This year they are currently looking at whether or not they will offer the free option again, or if it will be a discount. It will be decided as summer approaches and they will announce it on their website.
– Scales and Tails is a location where you can go to experience up close, controlled (thank heavens) encounters with reptiles and other animals. They are only open on Monday’s and Wednesday’s and your pass gets you in!
As you can see this is an awesome option for multiple opportunities to get out of the house! We can’t get enough of ours, and it MORE than pays for itself!
Click HERE for the Groupon Deal for $19.99
It can also be found on City Deals in multiple varieties (some include tubes and parking) but click HERE for basic link! You can also view the other options from this link.
There are four different venues that you can access at Thanksgiving Point. Each of those venues offer so many fun opportunities, and Thanksgiving Point offers multiple different passes to meet each persons needs!
The four different venues are:
Museum of Natural Curiosity (KIDS LOVE THIS!) It truly is spectacular!
Farm Country (Again, children go nuts here!)
Thanksgiving Point Gardens
Museum of Ancient Life
Here are their daily prices:
Museum of Natural Curiosity
Thanksgiving Point Gardens
Museum of Ancient Life
Children (ages 3-12): $12.00
Adults and Children are both $7.00. This price includes a pony ride for kids ages 3-12 and a wagon ride for everyone.
The membership prices range from $75.00 – $600.00 for a year.
The package that we found the most beneficial for us was the Family pass. This includes Two adults in the same address and their dependent children.
The benefits of having a membership to Thanksgiving Point, aside from free access to all 4 venues are:
– 50% off admission for any guests that you bring with you. This is awesome. Why? Because it’s more fun for mom (or dad) when you have a friend that you can chat with while your children run wild!
– 10% off food, retail and signature experiences.
– Early notification for camps, classes, events and other programs.
Your kids, and maybe you (depending on how much sleep you got the night before due to your little children) could LITERALLY stay here all day long.
It’s well worth the investment!
Click HERE to take a better look at the options and look into getting your membership!
CLASSIC FUN CENTER
DISCLAIMER Classic Fun Center doesn’t actually have a pass.
Classic Fun Center is NOT the same as it was when I was a child. It’s so cool now and my kids LOVE it! There are three different sections that seem to target each age group and their interests.
The Skating Rink, Bouncing and Inflatables and what they call the Climbing Space Station. (Pictured below)
My kids ask to go here every single day and while we don’t, I love that this is an option because it doesn’t break the bank. There are locations in Layton, Orem, and Sandy.
General Admission Prices:
1 Hour: $6.00 and they get 5 free tokens.
Each additional hour is $2.00
Funlimited Day Pass: $15.00: This includes 20 tokens, 20 tickets and a $3.00 meal deal.
This is a cheap option if you are just wanting to get out of the house!
The connect pass allows you to visit 15 different locations 1 time over whatever period of time you select. While there are different lengths of time on the options that you can select, I am highlighting the 365 day option!
Over 365 days you get to visit the following locations:
– Clark Planetarium Dome Theater
– Clark Plantarium 3D Imax
– Discovery Gateway
– The Lion House Pantry (they offer you a free meal)
– Natural History Museum of Utah
– Red Butte Garden
– Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort
– Thanksgiving Point Gardens
– Thanksgiving Point Museum of Ancient Life
– This is the Place Heritage Park
– Tracy Aviary
– Utah’s Hogle Zoo
– Utah Olympic Park
– Utah Museum of Fine Arts
Assuming that you paid for 1 adult and 1 child at each of these locations, you would spend $284.78 based on their daily admission rates. In the same scenario, the Connect Pass would cost you $135.00 and save you $149.78.
Purchasing the connect pass will cost you $75.00 per adult and $60.00 per child through the Groupon Link HERE.
THE LIVING PLANET AQUARIUM
The aquarium is such a fun place to take your family! We love that it’s indoors so it’s nice to visit on those hot summer days and when it’s freezing outside! It’s a great place for your kids to learn and explore!
Daily Admission Prices are:
Students and Teens: $14.95
Children (Ages 3-12): $12.95
2 and under are free
The memberships prices are good for 1 year and here are the costs:
Teens and Students: $54.95
Children (Ages 3-12): $49.95
Family Membership: $175.95 (This includes 2 adults and 4 children)
Family Plus Membership: $249.95 (This includes 2 adults, 4 children and 2 additional guests)
Go to the aquarium 4 times and you’ve paid for your membership! Having a membership also offers you discounts on gift shop purchases, cafe purchases, penguin encounters, birthdays, Tuki’s Island Play and Party Center is free and there are exclusive members only activities!
HERE is the link to check it out now!
I know that this is a lot of information! But, I hope that by reading through it you feel a little less stressed about trying to find the activities that are going to be right for you and your family when trying to get out of the house, especially this summer!